hero

Tel Aviv, Yaron Davidi and Frank Turner’s Wisdom – Stuart Hacker #TeamSelkie

#TEAMSELKIE  27th February 2016

I love music; it’s nearly as important to me as swimming! A year ago I found myself listening to Frank Turner and a particular lyric caught my attention. In the song, Frank is giving life advice to a child and one nugget of wisdom is “always always, always try to say YES”.  I fully appreciate […]

Read More

Passing on the Love – Becky Horsbrugh – #TeamSelkie & SwimDem

#TEAMSELKIE  26th February 2016

I can’t remember what it’s like to not be able to swim. Some of my earliest memories as a child are down the local swimming pool with my dad and older brother, splashing around and having fun. We were often there basically so my mum could get us out the house, but still, it gave […]

Read More

The Big Chill Swim and cold swimming shenanigans – Katia Vastiau #TeamSelkie

#TEAMSELKIE  22nd February 2016

This my first blog since being officially introduced into #TeamSelkie! Let’s talk about the Big Chill Swim, last week: much more than an event, it was a social thing and it all started months ago…actually, the seeds for this were planted more than a year ago, at the UK Cold Water Championships last January, at […]

Read More

Endless pool – Becky Horsbrugh – #TeamSelkie

#TEAMSELKIE  18th February 2016

I’d wanted to try an endless pool for months. First and foremost so my stroke could be checked out. I got back swimming after a break due to illness last year and although I’ve felt fairly confident with my stroke and can swim for what seems miles, I always felt it would be worth fine […]

Read More

Land down under “stingers” – Danielle Huskisson – #TeamSelkie

#TEAMSELKIE  8th February 2016

Land down under Started my 2016 season off sunning it up in Perth Australia. I was there for 3 weeks training and racing with my team, University of Stirling. We were prepping ourselves for the chance to qualify for the Rio Olympics as well as avoiding the miserable Scottish weather! I hadn’t raced open water […]

Read More

More stuff