hero

The Time I Almost Swam Back – Laura Picardo #TeamSelkie

#TEAMSELKIE  29th March 2016

During the winter months, I am primarily focused on pool and dryland training. During these hours solitude, I very often find myself reflecting on my journey as an open water swimmer: the challenges, the triumphs, the countless bowls of oatmeal. The one story that I always find myself coming back to is that of my […]

Read More

Selkie wetsuit launch coming soon…..

#TEAMSELKIE  18th March 2016

Over the last 18 months Selkie has been working hard with a small group of swimmers, and designers, to produce a great, comfortable and quick suit. Well we think we might be there. Tuesday morning last week, was a very exciting one for the team at Selkie. We had hired out a pool in Exeter, […]

Read More

Ice baths and tank swimming – Sam Crabtree #TeamSelkie

#TEAMSELKIE  10th March 2016

This is my first blog and to be honest I’ m a bit in awe of what some of my #TeamSelkie team mates have already got up to: Daniella Huskisson coming 14th for #TeamGB in the Fina Open Water World Cup in Abu Dhabi; Katia Vastiau, Stu Hacker and Jeremy Laming winning the British Ice […]

Read More

Be kind to yourself, know your limits, but remember toughness is learnt – Fern Davies #TeamSelkie

#TEAMSELKIE  1st March 2016

Sometimes you have to just put in a solid chunk of hard training and that’s what the past few months have been about for my squad.  At the moment we are preparing for the Olympic Trials so there hasn’t been much racing, it’s been all about putting in the work in the pool and gym […]

Read More

More stuff