hero

Selkie / H2Open – swim photography competition

#TEAMSELKIE  30th September 2016

Here are some of our favourite pictures from this months Selkie / H2Open photography competition   This shot is of Alain Berry taking part in a Channel relay   This shot if of Andrew Garlick, taking during a summer holiday swimming in lake Orta and lake Mergozzo   This shot was taken by Adrian Allanic […]

Read More

Learning Through Failure In The Social Media Age – Laura Picardo #TeamSelkie

#TEAMSELKIE  15th September 2016

Failure is going to happen. It is a simple fact of life. We don’t like it. It is not fun by any stretch of the imagination. But it will happen. Fortunately, all types of failure, the big and the small, make us better human beings. Our failures and struggles are what shape and mold our […]

Read More

The Mental Game – Champion of Champions – Stuart Hacker #TeamSelkie

#TEAMSELKIE  12th September 2016

I had seen articles and blogs about the BLDSA Champion of Champions event in Dover Harbour… I remember reading them and thinking “Well that sounds absolutely awful!”.. Once again Frank Turner compelled me to say ‘Yes’ and maybe this time I would not thank him for the advice. I immediately signed up This swim is […]

Read More

Swim brain – Laura Picardo #TeamSelkie

#TEAMSELKIE  4th September 2016

That swim you signed up for in December is here. It seemed like such a wonderful idea as snow fell gently outside, while Bing Crosby crooned on the radio, and visions of sugar plums danced in your head. But now, those sugar plums turn to mush, as the summer hits, and you can’t help but […]

Read More

More stuff